Sunday, December 04, 2005

Hints to an Aperture hack

A lot of people (including myself) have been complaining that Aperture has unnecessarily strict hardware requirements. Well, it seems the Aperture Compatibility Checker may provide some hints as to how to ease some of these restrictions:



The above is the result I get with my modified Compatibility Checker on my fully supported iMac (20" G5 2.0 GHz, Radeon 9600 128 MB, OS X Tiger 10.4.3, 1.5 GB RAM).

[Update 2005-12-04]

More fun with the Aperture Compatibility Checker. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can comfirm that the strict requirements have loop holes as I am now running Aperture on my 12" iBook with 1.5GB of RAM. Load times are pretty slow because the hard drive is pretty slow but everything else is fine. It'll be perfect for dumping and tagging images while travelling.

Anonymous said...

I've never had to hack anything on my Mac in this way. I see that modifying the plist file would help but I cant find which file has the requirements. Can someone point me to the file on the volume that does the compatibility check.

Anonymous said...

@1:
You paid 500$ just to dump and tag images?